- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 lb (about 3) nectarines or peaches, pitted and sliced, about 3 cups
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sugar in the raw or brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, serving suggestion
- Fresh mint leaves, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In bowl toss sliced nectarines, 2 Tbs. maple syrup and ground ginger until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with shallow sides with parchment paper.
- Roll out pie crust on prepared baking sheet
- Arrange nectarines mixture on pie crust leaving a 2-inch border around edges. Bring pie crust edges up and partially over fruit and crimp.
- Brush dough with 1 Tbsp maple syrup and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until fruit is cooked through and pie crust is golden.
- After baking, brush fruit with remaining 1 Tbs. maple syrup.
- Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.