Featuring Maple Syrup
- 2.8 L Old Fashioned Oats (not instant)
- 355 ml slivered almonds
- 355 ml pecan pieces
- 710 ml pure maple syrup from Canada Grade B or A both work well
- 20 ml pure vanilla extract
- 15 ml salt
- 473 ml dried fruit, such as blueberries, cherries, strawberries and raisins
- Preheat convection oven to 275°. Pour oats and nuts in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat maple syrup and salt in non-reactive pot until boiling point. Immediately turn off heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Working quickly, pour maple syrup mixture over oats and nuts. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir until oats are thoroughly coated. Pour onto on baking sheets lined with silpat. The granola should not be spread even or patted down. Using your hands, scrunch the granola into large piles clumps.
- Bake in convection oven 35 to 40 minutes at 275°, rotating 4 times, until golden and crunchy. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Using a spatula with a sharp edge, carefully turn granola over – making every effort to retain giant pieces and large clumps. Place back in oven for 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from oven, cool completely. Stir in dried fruit. Serve.