- 240 ml cornmeal
- 240 ml whole wheat flour
- 15 ml baking powder
- 5 ml sea salt
- 45 ml nutritional yeast
- 5 ml smoked paprika
- 160 ml maple syrup
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed & diced finely
- 240 ml coconut milk
- 15 ml miso
- 80 ml refined coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Add dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- In a separate, whisk together the maple syrup, diced jalapeno, coconut milk, miso and melted coconut oil.
- Gently fold in wet mixture into dry, just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into a medium cast iron skillet and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Warm up with your favorite soup and a slice of our homemade Maple Jalapeno Cornbread. It has just the right amount of sweetness (thanks to our all-natural pure maple syrup) and a little spicy kick with the jalapeno. You can use any pan to bake, but to get a crunchy crust, we recommend a cast iron skillet.
Recipe developed by Danny Seo, Naturally