- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 240 ml maple syrup
- 480 ml white wine
- 1920 ml chicken stock (use vegetable stock to make vegetarian)
- 960 ml basmati rice
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large thick-bottomed pot, heat oil on high. Add onion, peppers and maple syrup; sweat for about 7 minutes.
- Lower heat, add wine and deglaze the pot. Reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add apples and mix gently. Serve warm.
This delicious dish is bursting with flavor! The rice soaks up the flavors of the wine and chicken stock while the maple syrup adds just a touch of sweetness. Finish it off with the crunch of tangy green apples, and this dish is the perfect side to any meal.