Featuring Maple Syrup
- jumbo or large raw frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick coins (about 2 cups)
- snow peas, strings removed
- avocado oil, separated
- maple syrup
- minced garlic
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- sesame oil
- scallion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds
- To defrost shrimp, place in a colander in the sink and run under cold water until thawed about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the ingredients for the marinade to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the defrosted shrimp and half of the marinade to another medium bowl or resealable plastic blah. Cover or seal and put in the fridge to marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a large pan or wok, hear half of the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Sear the shrimp for about 1 minute per side. Move the shrimp to a plate and cover with another plate to keep warm.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the other half of the avocado oil to the pan. Add the snow peas and carrots and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the marinade and sauté until vegetables are tender-crisp and the sauce starts to thicken about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir to warm. Add the sesame oil and stir. Sprinkle with the scallion slices and the sesame seeds.
- Serving suggestion: this recipe is delicious over rice, noodles or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Recipe made in partnership with Christy Brissette, MS, RD of 80 Twenty Nutrition