- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 345 g Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 8 slices brioche loaf
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook apples, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Add 2 tbsp maple syrup, pecans, raisins, vinegar and cinnamon; cook, stirring, until apples begin to caramelize. Transfer to bowl; stir in vanilla.
- Preheat panini press and grease well.
- Divide Brie among 4 slices of brioche; top evenly with apple mixture. Top with remaining brioche. Grill sandwiches in panini press for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan set over medium heat, gently heat remaining maple syrup. Serve with panini for dipping.
Tip: Substitute whole grain bread, raisin bread or sourdough bread for brioche loaf if desired.