Featuring Maple Syrup
- 30ml olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10ml maple syrup
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 800 g canned white beans, rinsed & drained
- 480 ml arugula
- 340 g medium shrimp, cooked
- Salt & pepper
- 454 g linguine pasta, cooked & oiled
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook onion until soft.
- Add garlic and stir to soften.
- Stir in maple syrup and tomatoes. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and arugula and cook on low heat until arugula wilts. Add a little water if mixture gets too thick.
- Stir in shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with pasta.
Seafood shines when complemented with the flavor of real maple syrup. Just a tablespoon of real maple syrup brings out the taste of the shrimp, white beans and tomatoes, transforming it from an ordinary pasta into an extraordinary meal.