- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 2 cups of mixed nuts (equal amounts walnuts, almonds, pecans and pistachios)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove from heat. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper and pure maple syrup; mix well. Add nuts; gently stir until well coated in butter mixture. Remove from heat.
- Spread nuts on a cookie sheet; bake, leaving oven door partially open, until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; season with salt. Remove nuts to a bowl; serve warm.
Go nuts – pun intended! – this winter with this recipe for a spicy maple nut mix! This unique blend of spices makes the snack taste sweet, followed by a spicy aftertaste. The nutty flavors of pure maple syrup help bring out the natural flavors from the walnuts, almonds, pecans and pistachios. This snack is super customizable, so throw in your favorite kind of nut into the mix and try many variations to find your favorite combination. This snack tastes best when served warm and fresh out the oven.