- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, bring pecans, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/4 tsp salt, cinnamon and cayenne to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and pecans are well coated. Spread mixture evenly in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate with remaining maple syrup; microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly into 13- x 9-inch rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick; sprinkle with pecans and remaining salt, pressing nuts into melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set; break into pieces.
Tip: Top chocolate bark with your favorite nuts and/or dried fruits.