- 118 ml pecans, toasted
- 113 g bittersweet chocolate
- 473 ml dates, pitted and chopped
- 30 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 15 ml orange juice, just squeezed
- 15 ml Grand Manier or other liqueur optional
- 226 g premium quality bittersweet chocolate
- 59 ml unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- To prepare the centers, melt 4 oz. of bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler over gently simmering water until completely melted, stirring only once or twice. Set aside.
- Chop the dates by hand or you can chop them in the food processor, but they may be a bit sticky.
- If you are using a food processor, place the pecans in with the dates and pulse. Add the melted chocolate, Maple syrup, orange juice and liqueur; pulse until the mixture just comes together. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together by hand in a medium mixing bowl.
- To form and coat the truffles, prepare the coating: melt the remaining 8 oz. of bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler of gently simmering water and cool to about 90°.
- While the chocolate is cooling, form the truffles. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Form the truffles into small tiny bite sized balls.
- Form an assembly line. Place the cookie sheet of truffles to the left of you. Place the melted chocolate in front of you and have the sifted cocoa to the right of you To the far right have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and or paper truffle cups ready to place the coated truffles.