- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped Calabrian chilis in oil
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 4 large slices grilled or toasted sourdough bread
- Place the ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor and puree.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in one tablespoon of the olive oil to emulsify into the ricotta.
- Turn off the food processor and scoop the whipped ricotta into a serving bowl.
- Smooth down the ricotta to look like a lightly textured bowl of hummus.
- Scatter the chopped chilis over the ricotta and then drizzle the real maple syrup over the cheese. Serve with grilled sourdough and a spoon.