- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 2 beets, peeled and diced
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss veggies in the olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast vegetables for 35-40 minutes, until tender. Toss 2-3 times while roasting. During the final five minutes of cooking time, combine the maple syrup, butter, cinnamon and another pinch of salt in a small saucepot. Bring to a boil then remove from heat. Pour glaze over hot vegetables as soon as they come out of the oven. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Jenna of Eat Live Run.