- 1 16-oz bag dried navy beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup cubed salt pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large, ovenproof pot, add beans and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pork, onion, pure maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Remove lid. Cook another 45 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
In honor of tapping season, treat your family to a sugar shack inspired meal with all the maple fixings. Serve these maple baked beans alongside our maple beer baked ham for a true taste of Canada.