- 720 ml organic milk
- 240 ml organic heavy cream
- 120 ml maple syrup
- 10 ml turmeric powder
- 15 ml vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Pinch sea salt
- 120 ml maple sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- In a small pot, slightly warm the milk, heavy cream, maple syrup, turmeric powder, vanilla extract, scraped vanilla bean and salt. Set up a double boiler, using a separate pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple sugar and egg yolks for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Place bowl with egg mixture over double boiler and slowly stream in lightly warm milk mixture, stirring vigorously until mixture thickens.
- Cool and churn in ice cream maker for 20 minutes, or until it reaches soft serve consistency. Transfer to freezer to firm up.
Being healthy doesn’t mean you have to skip dessert. Our Tumeric Maple Golden Gelato calls for wholesome ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth. This easy-to-make recipe can be done in a few short steps: Whip up organic cream, organic milk, turmeric powder, vanilla and our all-natural maple syrup, place in the freezer and voila!
Recipe developed by Danny Seo, Naturally