- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed & diced finely
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- In a separate, whisk together the pure maple syrup, diced jalapeno, coconut milk, miso and melted coconut oil.
- Gently fold in wet mixture into dry, just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into a medium cast iron skillet and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Advice from Maple experts
Warm up with your favorite soup and a slice of our homemade Maple Jalapeno Cornbread. It has just the right amount of sweetness (thanks to our all-natural pure maple syrup) and a little spicy kick with the jalapeno. You can use any pan to bake, but to get a crunchy crust, we recommend a cast iron skillet.
Recipe developed by Danny Seo, Naturally