Featuring Maple Syrup
- 125 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 80 ml Dijon mustard
- 15 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- garlic clove, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 0.6 kg pork loin
- 62 1/2 ml bread crumbs
- shallot, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 10 ml butter
- 62 1/2 ml white wine
- 250 ml prepared demi-glaze sauce
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 5 ml rosemary, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup maple syrup with 1/3 cup mustard, 1 tablespoon rosemary and garlic. Salt and pepper generously.
- Brush roast with this mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to sear the meat. Reduce oven temperature 350 °F and continue cooking for another 25 to 30 minutes. Consider about 20 minutes cooking per pound of meat.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Sauté the shallot and garlic in the butter.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the demi-glace sauce, 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon rosemary. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the roast sliced and topped with sauce. Serve with seasonal vegetables.