- 7.5 ml chili powder
- 5 ml smoked paprika
- 7.5 ml salt
- 2.5 ml ground cumin
- 2.5 ml cayenne
- 1 boneless pork butt or shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 80 ml apple cider vinegar
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 60 ml tomato paste
- Barbecue Sauce
- Rub meat with chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne and salt.
- Place onion and garlic in a slow cooker and place meat on top of onions.
- Combine vinegar maple syrup and tomato paste in a small bowl. Pour over meat.
- Cover slow cooker; cook over low heat for 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat and onions; pull apart into shreds and place in a bowl. Spoon fat from cooking liquid. Moisten pulled pork with some of the cooking liquid.
- Serve pork on buns with barbecue sauce and maple coleslaw on the side.
Enjoy this easy and delicious maple pulled pork with flavorful spices enhanced by the subtle sweetness of maple. Serve at your summertime barbecue with a side of maple coleslaw, or make ahead for a game day tailgate the whole team will love!