- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- In a large stockpot, heat oil. Add scallions, garlic, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, pure maple syrup and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until peas are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or using an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
In honor of tapping season, treat yourself to some of our new sugar shack-inspired recipes. This maple pea soup will warm you from the inside out with a true taste of Canada.