- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1.25 ml salt
- .9 ml freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 liter chicken stock
- 1/2 liter frozen peas
- 60 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- In a large stockpot, heat oil. Add scallions, garlic, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, maple syrup and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until peas are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or using an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
In honor of tapping season, treat yourself to some of our new sugar shack-inspired recipes. This maple pea soup will warm you from the inside out with a true taste of Canada.