- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 3/4 cup strong coffee or espresso
- Pour the cup of freshly brewed espresso into a mug, stirring in the maple syrup. Then, lightly spoon in steamed milk.
- If you do not have a milk steamer at home, lightly scalding the milk in a small pot. When ready, remove the pot from the stove and lightly froth the milk with a milk frother.
- For an iced version of this recipe, rub the rim of a tall frosted glass with a lemon wedge, then immediately dip the glass in a saucer containing 2 tablespoons of maple sugar. You don’t need to steam the milk – just pour it in with the maple syrup and coffee, serve over 4 to 5 ice cubes and enjoy!