- 240 ml maple syrup
- 120 ml light cream
- 30 ml cornstarch, diluted in 2 tablespoons cold water
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2.5 ml ground cardamom
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine maple syrup and cream. Stir over low heat.
- Add diluted cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Add orange zest and cardamom.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot and place on fondue stand over low heat. Serve with your favorite fruit.
In the mood for a fun and healthful dessert that’s easily shared? Surprise family and friends with this novel fondue recipe made with pure maple syrup. The light yet aromatic sauce ties the rich, nutty flavor of the maple syrup with a brighter citrus, exotic taste from the cardamom and orange zest. It pairs well with all your favorite fruits: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, apples, peaches and apricots, just to name a few. Use leftover fruit and sauce to mix a delightful fruit salad.