Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1.2 L lightly salted air-popped popcorn
- 120 ml pure Canadian maple syrup
- 5 slices of bacon
- 15 ml bacon fat (reserved from pan)
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate; reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet. Once cooled, crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Using a large mixing spoon, lightly coat the inside of a bowl or casserole dish large enough to hold the popcorn with the reserved bacon fat. Combine the popcorn and bacon in the greased bowl. Set aside.
- Place maple syrup, in a heavy-bottomed, non-reactive saucepot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and continue boiling until the mixture reaches 236 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Drizzle the hot maple syrup over the popcorn. Working quickly, stir with greased mixing spoon until all popcorn is coated with maple syrup.
- Cool and store in airtight containers in the fridge or enjoy immediately!
Inspired by a recipe from Pure Canada Maple.
Photo credit: Snowday/Pure Canada Maple