- 1 block firm tofu, pressed
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut the pressed tofu into three even slabs, width-wise. Quarter each third, to form 12 triangles in total.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the toasted sesame oil, garlic, maple syrup, apple juice, tamari, and ginger.
- Pour mixture over tofu, and allow to marinade for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once. Tofu should absorb most of the liquid and turn golden.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
Finally! An easy, vegan meal that the whole family can enjoy. This deliciously healthy Toasted Sesame & Maple Caramelized Tofu recipe combines the savory flavors of toasted sesame, garlic and tamari with the all-natural sweetness of pure maple syrup for a satisfying meal.
Recipe developed by Danny Seo, Naturally