- 1/3 cup rice wine (sake or mirin) or dry sherry
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/3 lbs. chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetables of choice (peppers, mushrooms, celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, snow peas, zucchini, etc.), cut into strips
- Mix all sauce ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken until golden brown in color.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring to a boil to thicken. Stir well to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice or vermicelli noodles.
Advice from Maple experts
Stir-frying is a quick-fix for a healthy, delicious dinner. Once the ingredients are prepped, and the pot is hot, the food is ready in no time.
Sweet tip: Sweetening stir-fry meals with pure maple syrup is a popular tradition in Japan.