- 4 to 5 lb beef tenderloin, cut into two pieces and tied
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 425° F.
- Place olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Sear the beef tenderloin for about 3 to 5 minutes on all sides creating a beautiful golden crust.
- While the tenderloin sears, make the maple-mustard glaze. In a small bowl combine mustard, pure maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Take the glaze and slather it all over the beef tenderloin. Place the tenderloin into the oven to cook.
- Cook the tenderloin in the oven until desire temperature is reached (recommended 125° F) which is about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the tenderloin to rest for at least 15 minutes. Then slice and serve with remaining maple-mustard glaze.