- 2 1/2 lb chicken wings, halved and wing tips removed
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- In bowl, combine baking powder, paprika, salt and pepper; add chicken wings, tossing to coat.
- Arrange chicken wings in single layer on greased rimmed baking sheet; bake, turning once, for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and crispy. Broil for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken wings to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan set over medium heat, combine cayenne pepper sauce, butter, 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, vinegar and garlic powder. Bring to simmer; cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- In small bowl, mix together ranch dressing with remaining maple syrup.
- Pour maple sauce over wings; toss to coat well. Serve with maple ranch dressing for dipping.
Tip: Substitute blue cheese dressing for ranch dressing if desired.