Featuring Maple Syrup
- 946 ml butternut squash
- 2 chiles
- 473 ml butter (divided)
- 118 ml pico de gallo (See Recipe Below)
- 30 ml canola oil
- 12 large scallops
- 133 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 59 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml capers
- 6 lemon segments, cut in thirds
- 30 ml Cilantro, finely chopped to garnish
- Salt to taste
Pico De Gallo
- 118 ml tomato, diced
- 30 ml Spanish onion, diced
- 473 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a deep sheet pan, arrange squash, chiles, and half the butter. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Smash roasted ingredients to make a puree. Add pico de gallo to puree and season with salt.
- In a pan, add oil. When hot, sear scallops on both sides until golden brown. Add maple syrup to pan to deglaze, and let it reduce until thick.
- Heat up another pan and when really hot, add the rest of the butter and cook butter for 10-15 seconds until brown. Add lemon juice, capers and lemon segments to make a sauce, no additional cooking time is needed.
- To plate, spoon 1/2 cup of butternut squash puree in the center of a plate. Arrange 3 scallops over the puree. Sauce with brown butter and add a touch of the maple reduction to finish it. Garnish with microcilantro.