- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 2 Tbsp minced chives or fresh herbs, optional
- In a bowl, combine Dijon mustard and wine vinegar or lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Using a fork or whisk, whip the dressing while adding olive oil and pure maple syrup.
- Adjust seasoning and add chives or fresh herbs, such as basil or tarragon, if desired.
Coat your leafy greens with this fresh-tasting maple salad dressing. By whipping up this home-made recipe, you can assure your dressing is packed with beneficial nutrients most popular store-bought salad dressings fail to provide. Olive oil has monounsaturated fatty acids that help lower cholesterol and risks for heart disease, while maple syrup is packed with antioxidants and minerals like manganese that helps muscle repair. This maple salad dressing recipe can be also used as a healthy marinade for baking or grilling.