- 20 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 20 bocconcini, cocktail size
- 2 dry sausages cut in 20 thin slices
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/2 cup maple vinegar or cider
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- In a large freezer bag, combine all the ingredients except the basil. Marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the ingredients from the marinade and keep the marinade aside.
- Place a half tomato, a basil leaf, a bocconcini, a slice of sausage and another half tomato on a mini skewer. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Place the skewers on a serving dish and coat with the marinade before serving immediately.