Featuring Maple Syrup
- 120 ml pure maple syrup from Canada, divided
- 60 ml apple juice
- 15 ml canola oil
- 960 ml rolled oats
- 120 ml nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 480 ml dried fruit (apples, apricots, dates, raisins, cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- In a cup, combine 1/4 cup of the maple syrup, the apple juice and oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and cinnamon. Add the maple syrup mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients. Divide equally between the 2 baking sheets and spread evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the granola is fragrant and golden. Remove from the oven and pour the granola back into the large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup and the dried fruit; mix well. Allow to cool completely; the granola will crisp as it cools. Store in an airtight container.
Maple syrup and colorful dried fruit add a festive note to this granola, which is both low in fat and high in carbohydrates to fuel your body for any type of activity. Plus, it makes a great gift for the fitness buffs on your holiday list!