Featuring Maple Syrup
- .55 liter pure maple syrup from Canada (preferably golden for its delicate taste)
- 45 ml unsalted butter
- 240 ml 35% cream
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 10 pretzels, in pieces
- 180 ml dark chocolate, in chips or chopped
- 120 ml dried cranberries
- 120 ml pistachios, shelled and chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring the maple syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and continue cooking until candy thermometer reaches 245°F.
- Meanwhile, butter a 13 x 9 in. baking sheet or pan and set aside.
- Remove the preparation from the heat and stand for 5 minutes. Beat with a whisk for 5 minutes until thick.
- Pour the mixture on the baking sheet or into the pan and let cool 2 minutes before sprinkling the surface with pretzels, chocolate, cranberries and pistachios.
- Cut into squares without removing from pan and allow cooling for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the cream fudge has cooled down, cut the squares over the previous marks and unmold.