- 1/2 cup walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 lb container cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Cover a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put a skillet on medium heat and warm the walnuts (or pecans) and almonds for 7 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup of the maple sugar to the pan, allowing it to melt and stirring to coat and caramelize the nuts. Quickly transfer to the parchment paper surface and let cool.
- Use a food processor to grind the nuts. Return them to the plate and mix in the crumbs.
- Put 1/4 cup of this nut mixture back into the food processor and add the cranberries. Chop finely.
- Add the cream cheese and the rest of the maple sugar. Blend to a smooth texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours so that it sets.
- Use a spoon to form the cream cheese mixture into balls. Roll them in the remaining nuts.