- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup from Canada, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (approx.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Assorted fruits, chia seeds, chocolate hummus, granola, Greek yogurt, hard-cooked eggs, turkey bacon and/or sausage, and whipped lemon ricotta.
- In large bowl, combine all-purpose, oat and whole wheat flours, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet set over medium-low heat. Pour 1/2 cup batter into pan; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on surface. Flip over; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil to pan as needed, to make 12 pancakes.
- In small pot set over medium heat, warm remaining maple syrup; transfer to small jug. Arrange pancakes on large board with jug of maple syrup. Arrange fruits, chia seeds, chocolate hummus, granola, yogurt, eggs, bacon and ricotta on board.
Tip: Customize the board with your favorite pancake toppings and breakfast side dishes.