Maple and Date Muffins
Bread and Croissants | Breakfast and Brunch | Muffins | Snacks
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup bran flakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or silicone muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat bran with the yogurt and let sit while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran flakes, both types of flour, dates, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pure maple syrup, oil, water and egg; add to the oat bran and yogurt mixture. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon into muffin liners. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Advice from Maple experts
These homemade muffins are low in fat but high in carbohydrates – the perfect combination to give your body the fuel it needs for that big race or hard core gym session.
Per portion (1 muffin): 160 calories; 5 g protein; 6 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber