- 240 ml oat bran
- 240 ml fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 180 ml bran flakes
- 180 ml all-purpose flour
- 120 ml whole wheat flour
- 80 ml chopped dates
- 5 ml baking soda
- 2.5 ml cinnamon
- 60 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 60 ml canola oil
- 60 ml water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or silicone muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat bran with the yogurt and let sit while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran flakes, both types of flour, dates, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, water and egg; add to the oat bran and yogurt mixture. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon into muffin liners. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
These homemade muffins are low in fat but high in carbohydrates – the perfect combination to give your body the fuel it needs for that big race or hard core gym session.
Per portion (1 muffin): 160 calories; 5 g protein; 6 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber