- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 Tbsp orange juice, just squeezed
- 1 Tbsp Grand Manier or other liqueur, optional
- 8 oz premium quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
To Prepare the Centers
- Melt 4 oz. of bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler over gently simmering water until completely melted, stirring only once or twice. Set aside.
- Chop the dates by hand or you can chop them in the food processor, but they may be a bit sticky.
- If you are using a food processor, place the pecans in with the dates and pulse. Add the melted chocolate, Maple syrup, orange juice and liqueur; pulse until the mixture just comes together. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together by hand in a medium mixing bowl.
To Prepare the Truffles
- Melt the remaining 8 oz. of bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler of gently simmering water and cool to about 90°.
- While the chocolate is cooling, form the truffles. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Form the truffles into small tiny bite sized balls.
- Form an assembly line. Place the cookie sheet of truffles to the left of you. Place the melted chocolate in front of you and have the sifted cocoa to the right of you To the far right have a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and or paper truffle cups ready to place the coated truffles.