Featuring Maple Syrup
- 45 ml tequila (suggested: Reposado)
- 30 ml pure maple syrup
- 23 ml fresh lemon juice
- 30 ml apple butter
- Mezcal Foam (See Recipe Below)
- Red apple slices for garnish
- 3 drops of Mezcal (must be traditional, smoky type) or Single Malt Scotch
- 15 ml of maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin, except the Mezcal foam.
- Shake over ice.
- Strain over ice into an old-fashioned glass.
- Top with Mezcal foam and garnish with red apple slice.
- Combine all ingredients and whip rapidly with hand mixer.
- Chill thoroughly before using.
By Tad Carducci, Tippling Bros. and Mercadito Restaurants.