- 1 1/2 oz tequila (suggested: Reposado)
- 1 oz pure maple syrup from Canada
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp apple butter
- Mezcal foam (see recipe below)
- Red apple slices, for garnish
- 3 drops of Mezcal (must be traditional, smoky type) or Single Malt Scotch
- 1/2 ounce of maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin, except the Mezcal foam.
- Shake over ice.
- Strain over ice into an old-fashioned glass.
- Top with Mezcal foam and garnish with red apple slice.
- Combine all ingredients and whip rapidly with hand mixer.
- Chill thoroughly before using.
Advice from Maple experts
By Tad Carducci, Tippling Bros. and Mercadito Restaurants.