- 1 quart fresh apple cider
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- Three 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 1 tbsp spiced rum, brandy or whisky (optional)
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Combine apple cider, pure maple syrup, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a medium pot. Gently simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Serve warm, in mugs. Add spiced rum, brandy or whisky for a grown-up version. Garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Created in celebration of National Maple Syrup Day by Snowday Food Truck, inspired by a recipe from Pure Canada Maple.
Photo credit: Snowday/Pure Canada Maple