- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1-inch piece of ginger cut into thin slices
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Ground cinnamon or cardamom for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, maple, turmeric, cardamom, ginger, peppercorns and cinnamon stick. Bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and let it sit for 5 minutes. Strain into cups, garnish with ground cinnamon or cardamom.