- 2 oz rye whiskey (suggested: Sazerac 6-year)
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/2 oz egg white or the white of a small farm egg
- Angostura bitters or freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Without ice, in a cocktail shaker quickly shake the cocktail ingredients to emulsify the egg.
- Next, add ice and shake for 10 seconds and strain into a coupe glass.
- Using an eye dropper, deposit a ring of bitters drops on the egg white, then drag a toothpick through the circle to create a “starry nights” effect. Or, grate fresh nutmeg on top.