- 16 shrimps (size 20/26), peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A few leaves of fresh basil, minced
- 4 cups round slices of chèvre (goat cheese), 1/2-cm (1/4-in) thick
- 4 cups mesclun or spring greens
- 3 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Put all vinaigrette ingredients in small tight-lidded container, close container and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Put shrimps on small cookie sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
- Place cheese rounds in an ovenproof dish.
- Dab each round with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
- Put both the shrimps and the cheese under the broiler for 2 to 4.
- Arrange the mesclun on 4 plates and surround with shrimps.
- Put one round of cheese on each salad.
- Coat with vinaigrette and garnish with orange and grapefruit segments.