- 8oz Tempeh
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp liquid smoke or smoke powder (optional)
- 16oz Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 classic lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup filtered water (more or less)
- To make the bacon, slice the tempeh thin, about 1/8” thick. Whisk remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, add the sliced tempeh and soak for 5 minutes.
- While the tempeh soaks… add all dressing ingredients except the water into a small bowl and whisk together. Add one tablespoon of water at a time while you whisk the dressing until you reach your desired consistency.
- Next… carefully and with a sharp knife or Mandolin, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts.
- Add the dressing to the Brussels sprouts and toss together.
- Warm 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the soaked tempeh and cook till crispy, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve the Brussels sprouts topped with sliced almonds and the maple tempeh bacon; you can serve the bacon whole, chopped or crumbled.