- 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp maple vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup old cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread the potato halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a pan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook another 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the maple vinegar and reduce liquid by half.
- Add the rosemary and maple syrup and cook 5 minutes or until the liquid is almost gone. Season generously with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Turn the potatoes cut side up and spread the caramelized onion-bacon mixture over them, then sprinkle with the grated cheese. Return to oven, bake au gratin, and serve.
These dressed potatoes will keep in the fridge for about a week.