Featuring Maple Syrup
Saucy Rice Noodles & Vegetables
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips, 1 cup
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced scallions, divided (4 large scallions)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water in a medium bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup water, orange juice, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce and kosher salt into cornstarch mixture, stirring until smooth; reserve.
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook bell pepper and broccoli until just softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and 3/4 cup scallions and cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Boil until thickened, about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Toss prepared rice noodles and vegetable and sauce mixture together until evenly coated.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp sesame oil and top with cilantro, sesame seeds and reserved 1/4 cup scallions.